I
k
j
o
oaktree oaktree
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
Would the Yellowstone Wolf be a good example of founder effect?
Read 1049 times
4 Replies
OakTree

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
I don't know the history behind this animal, but was it reintroduced to the environment after the original population had decimated?
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
oaktree Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I don't know the history behind this animal, but was it reintroduced to the environment after the original population had decimated?

Best i can tell you is ever since the reintroduction in 1995, there were only three packs. Now there are 11 packs and expanding way outside the park. One pack is believed to be in Colorado now.
OakTree
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago

Best i can tell you is ever since the reintroduction in 1995, there were only three packs. Now there are 11 packs and expanding way outside the park. One pack is believed to be in Colorado now.

If that's the case, I don't think so. The founder's effect would go something like this. The early American settlers were from England. English people have blond hair and blue eyes, for the most part. This is why many Americans today are white, in the sense that the current population is reflective of the alleles of its founders.

Founder effect
oaktree Author
wrote...
12 years ago

If that's the case, I don't think so. The founder's effect would go something like this. The early American settlers were from England. English people have blond hair and blue eyes, for the most part. This is why many Americans today are white, in the sense that the current population is reflective of the alleles of its founders.

Founder effect
[/quo

Founder effect

Dutch settlers in South America would be another example.  Thanks
OakTree
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  946 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 432

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?