Entirely a myth
24 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 369  
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Educator
7 years ago
Global warming is the term used to describe a gradual increase in the average temperature of the Earth's atmosphere and its oceans, a change that is believed to be permanently changing the Earth's climate.

With so much skepticism surrounding this idea, do you believe that global warming is real or are the models used to predict this phenomenon intentionally skewed for political gain?

Let's talk about that below Electric Light Bulb
Read 12793 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
7 years ago
I used to believe in the scientific method. Let me rephrase that, I still believe in the scientific method, almost entirely and blindly in some cases. Learning how scientists question things to find answers in a consistent and repeatable manner put all faith in the process. Recently however, my views have changed when it comes to the topic of global warming, because anything that is remotely political causes suggests to me that there's an evil force behind it. Let me explain...

Every year there are countless of studies published from prominent sources suggesting evidence that backs up this idea, yet my issue is these researchers are being subsidized by organisations seeking favorable results that they can use to lobby legislators. My conundrum is this: Why would companies that are worth billions care that the global climate is changing if it doesn't translate into more profits? I've worked in the world of business, and one thing that's consistent among ALL businessmen and women is that money is spent carefully to minimize cost and maximize profits.
Inventory
wrote...
3 years ago
I am skeptic of global warming because we have had some record cold winters which would not happen if the world was magically getting colder. Also, the planet goes through periods of extreme cold and heat and this is natural. I believe that global warming is an excuse for people like Bill Gates to try to depopulate the planet.
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
I believe that global warming is an excuse for people like Bill Gates to try to depopulate the planet.

I never understood that point of view. Less people means less people to sell to, therefore making him less wealthy.

Wouldn't that be a bad thing for him?
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
3 years ago
Hi  duddy,

I would agree with you if I hadn't heard him say, "We can lower the population by 10 or 15% if we do a really good job on vaccines and health care." He tests vaccines in Africa and then everyone who gets it dies a few months or years later. He has committed crimes against humanity and he has openly said that in order to stop climate change, you have to depopulate the planet.

A lot of tyrants have held ideas or dreams of systematically depopulating the planet. I don't know if depopulation would be a bad thing for him and that is something that I am trying to work out in my head. Like you said, there would be less people to sell too, but on the other hand, it is apparent that he wants to control the population. If you're interested, I can send a few links to some interviews where he talks about this.

Have a good night!
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
I would agree with you if I hadn't heard him say, "We can lower the population by 10 or 15% if we do a really good job on vaccines and health care."

Are you sure it wasn't taken out of context? Let's say it wasn't for a moment, how do vaccines lower the population if they're expected to increase longevity?

All in all, Gates is nothing more than a computer nerd who invented one product and became rich; he barely knows anything about biology or morality. When sh@# starts to hit the fan, there will be a huge uprising against him. One person isn't collectively smarter than a herd of people, so chances are he won't get away with anything even if he tried.

We've seen time and time again how having a ton of money doesn't ensure happiness or success. This guy could easily slip and die tomorrow, there are no guarantees in life. On a side note, I once read online how a vaccine accidently sterilized a tribe of Kenyan women that took it (URL). If we can connect that to Gates somehow, we'd definitely have a valid argument against him. But mistakes do happen, and that's something we all need to consider.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  518 People Browsing
 148 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274