t
i
r
siick11 siick11
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Homicide or Suicide??
67 yo black female home alone, husband was out of county left early Friday morning last heard from around 1700 Friday evening
Husband returned home Sunday afternoon and found wife deceased called the police.
Patrol units including supervisor, EMS and the fire department all responded
Criminal investigations and Crime Scene were contacted and advised there was no blood or entrance wound observed
See attached pics below
 Attached file 
(3827.69 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 1850 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
First of all, suicide is rather "permanent", so if you were doing something just to get back at your neighbor, that is an awfully costly way to do it. Or, if your original intention was to commit suicide, why bother to go to that effort to inflict blame on someone else. While, I guess if you wanted to protect a recent insurance policy from the suicide clause, that might be a bit of a motive, but most suicidal folks aren't likely to pick on someone else to that extent. The psychology that usually accompanies suicide is not consistent with that behavior.

Now, there are lots of things that will indicate whether or not the wound was self inflicted. The angle of trajectory of the bullet, the proximity of the gun barrel to the wound (close contact?) and the presence of gun shot residue on the decedent's hands are just a few.

Suicides are tough to investigate, because family members often go into denial, and would prefer to believe that their loved one was murdered. It requires a thorough and systematic investigation. Of course, the presence of a handwritten note or previous unsuccessful suicide attempts help solidify the investigation.

While the scenario you described is improbable, I don't doubt that it could happen. Anything can happen. But I don't think that a careful investigation, including a 'psychological autopsy' and study of physical evidence and comprehensive interviews would eventually reveal what really happened. I have investigated hundreds of suicides over the years and I think I could handle that one without too much trouble.
wrote...
12 years ago
Homicide refers to the act of killing another human being, "not yourself" - as in suicide.

I would guess suicide.

wrote...
12 years ago
By the look of the pictures it does not look like a suicide to me. I would say that this was a homicide. If I had to take a guess looking at the picture I would say since the female had no signs of  blood on her as well as no entrance wound this women could have fell victim to a poisoning. If you notice in the picture there is an open water bottle sitting on in front of her. She could have easily been poisoned. That is my theory. Hope this helps
Dont like me KICK ROCKS!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1231 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372