t
m
p
m
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
All right. Then I claim that i can fly and I demand everyone to believe me until they can scientifically prove that I'm lying.

I see this discussion doesn't go anywhere, so that is my last reply as well.
GaiaGirl95 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
All right. Then I claim that i can fly and I demand everyone to believe me until they can scientifically prove that I'm lying.

I see this discussion doesn't go anywhere, so that is my last reply as well.

You could be flying using an aircraft or makeshift wings.

Not everything needs to be scientifically proved. SHC would be hard to prove - the evidence for what causes SHC, is burnt in the process , it will appear like normal burning deaths unless you were to take a biopsy and see something isn't right. (for example, an area of the skin that is more burnt in the inner layers than the outer layers. This would be somewhat concealed to firefighters etc.)
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Have the conducted an autopsy of his insides for burns?
GaiaGirl95 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Have the conducted an autopsy of his insides for burns?

No, because Baker isn't dead yet.
He says he's survived SHC.

According to the Documentary, which I doubt anyone here actually watched, a Dr West said he'd burnt from the inside-out and diagnosed him with (quote) ''Partial Spontaneous Combustion''  Most likely, he'd taken a tissue sample.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
They can have him swallow a camera pill to see if any damage was made. I highly doubt anything would show up. Even if there was one accessible, he wouldn't swallow it because he's a fake.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
GaiaGirl95 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
They can have him swallow a camera pill to see if any damage was made. I highly doubt anything would show up. Even if there was one accessible, he wouldn't swallow it because he's a fake.

I just said the doc obviously did a biopsy and said hed burnt from the inside out, which implies there was more fire damage under the skin than outside the skin.

Just because SHC is unlikely, doesn't mean it can never happen,.
Unlikely thing do occur and just because lying is more likely, is a logical fallacy to say that is correct.

It's made headline news because it's unlikely.
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
I don't think so - it *never* made headline news. That article is not headline news, it's an article submitted probably by an associate of Mr. Baker.

The only common denominator here is that Mr. Baker, his doctor, and his friend all agree that it happened, but there's no biological proof that it did.

What biopsy was conducted?
GaiaGirl95 Author
wrote...
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, GaiaGirl95
I don't think so - it *never* made headline news. That article is not headline news, it's an article submitted probably by an associate of Mr. Baker.

The only common denominator here is that Mr. Baker, his doctor, and his friend all agree that it happened, but there's no biological proof that it did.

What biopsy was conducted?

I dunno - just a biopsy.
Frank Baker said he just gathered the courage to finally speak up about it.

Maybe the doctor thought SHC was just another one of those rare medical conditions and didn't forward the results to anyone else. (patient documents are confidential in the UK)

So you say SHC is possible?
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Possibly, if you ate explosives and a whole lot of flint.
GaiaGirl95 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Possibly, if you ate explosives and a whole lot of flint.

I mean is SHC possible to occur naturally. There are oxidizers produced by the body. These are reactive. Namely hydrogen peroxide and benzyl peroxide (the human metabolome database states that BP is produced endogenously as well) nitrates (and nitric oxide, a strong oxidizing gas) are also found and produced in the body, and they are too oxidizers.
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Not possible, ever. Oxidizing agents are dissolved in aqueous solutions... I feel like I keep repeating myself. I think I might retire from posting on here. I feel like logic is being challenged with pseudo-facts and presumptions - not constructive science, in my opinion.
GaiaGirl95 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Not possible, ever. Oxidizing agents are dissolved in aqueous solutions... I feel like I keep repeating myself. I think I might retire from posting on here. I feel like logic is being challenged with pseudo-facts and presumptions - not constructive science, in my opinion.

They are facts.
Also, even if they are, take a look at some chemicals which burn even when underwater on YouTube.
They burn underwater because they have their own oxidizer.

Hydrogen peroxide can cause oxidizable organics to spontaneously combust. This sometimes happens when HP from hair dye is allowed to condense on paper, etc.

Water is no match for oxidizers + fuel. Take a look at space-ships and sattelites! Their fuel can burn even in space. There is no oxygen in space just as there is no oxygen in water.
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
The thing I really cant understand, is why do you insist so much??? Honestly, even if there is the slightest possibility that SHC is real, there is no reason to believe something just because 3 people claimed it. Really now, you try to persuade us for something with no sufficient proof! How do you expect us to believe that event??
Think about it just a minute: Is the examinations of one doctor enough to persuade us? Is the claims of two people enough to persuade us? If yes, I can create 10000 similar diseases easily.

And, anyways, WHY you believe Mr Baker and you don't believe the hundreds of researches that were made and concluded that SHC cannot happen?

Now, I don't say that SHC is surely fake. I just say that there is about 99,9999999% possibility to be fake and 0,0000001% possibility to be real. On the other hand, it seems that you believe it is real 100%... And I just can't see why. Are you so kind that you cannot believe someone is lying??

Also, its funny how a quite meaningless topic was so much extended  lol. At least I hope, from now on GaiaGirl95 will stop believing everything she reads.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Now, I don't say that SHC is surely fake. I just say that there is about 99,9999999% possibility to be fake and 0,0000001% possibility to be real. On the other hand, it seems that you believe it is real 100%... And I just can't see why. Are you so kind that you cannot believe someone is lying??

Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  996 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 7
Closes: November 4