f
a
d
c
uzimoore26 uzimoore26
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Think back to your childhood and share some examples of your parents' parenting styles/techniques. How do they compare with the concepts you read about in chapter 5 of Brooks? Have you used (do you plan to use) any of them with your own children? Why or why not?
Read 678 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Think back to your childhood and share some examples of your parents' parenting styles/techniques. How do they compare with the concepts you read about in chapter 5 of Brooks? Have you used (do you plan to use) any of them with your own children? Why or why not?

It is true that we can find the differences in the parenting style of our parents because of
the time. At that time, we did not have much facilities and this is the reason that the
parents much focused on basic things. Whenever I looked back, I realized that our parents
much focused on playing outside because they felt that outdoor physical activity plays a
very important role in up-bringing of a child. They focused on reading newspaper,
magazines and books instead of television or other multimedia option. Watching T. V
and playing video game were not permissible in our time. My parents spent as much as
time possible with me and this is the reason that we have the strong bonding with them.
They encouraged us to eat good and healthy to remain healthy. I think that all these
strategies are very helpful in making the strong foundation of the child and I would like
to use all strategies to make my child healthy, sensible and a nice person.

.If you are a parent, please share with us your expectation of parenthood vs. reality. Knowing what you know now, what would you do differently? (For example, when we had our 1st child, he had severe reflux that led to him being diagnosed borderline failure to thrive. The first 6 weeks of his life consisted of him vomiting every time I fed him, numerous doctor appointments and trips to the children's hospital for tests. Needless to say, that was NOT how we envisioned parenthood! Knowing what I know now, I would have made sure we had more of a support system. That was a scary time for us and going through it alone was very difficult.) If you aren't a parent, please tell us your expectations of parenthood. What changes do you think you'll have to make (home, lifestyle, etc.)? Who will you include in your support system?

I think that whenever I would be a parent, i need to do lots of homework because the
current time is very competitive and we need to give a good environment to our child that
can contribute in making him or her strong and healthy to beat the every competition of
the life. I would like to give him a good learning and growing environment where both
me and my spouse can contribute in giving him a healthy life. I want to use the media in
the controlled and right way without making any negative impact on my child. I would be
working parent, so I believe that it is very important to spend the quality time with the
kid. But it is also important to make him independent also. I would like to include my
spouse in my support system because my spouse’s contribution is equally important for
me in giving the good and healthy life to my child and to making him strong for the
competitive world.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1102 People Browsing
Related Images