i
r
r
ssNR ssNR
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hi!
I am a nursing student and I am currently in Pharmacology class.I am having a very difficult time with the many drugs to memorize in my textbook. They range from CNS stimulant drugs to Immunosuppressant drugs. I have a midterm next week and over 300 drugs to memorize! Does anyone have any tips on how to do succeed in this class. Any tips will be appreciated!  Slight Smile
Read 797 times
4 Replies
Living life to the fullest Slight Smile -ssNR Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
you can try mnemonics and/or this book "Mosby's Pharmacology Memory Notecards Visual, Mnemonic, and Memory AIDS for Nurses" if you're a visual learner.
wrote...
10 years ago
I am currently in nursing school as well. When I took pharmacology I felt that it was easiest if I grouped medications by their classification and then memorize things that were common throughout all the medications in that class. I would build a paper that had the classification, common drugs in that classification, common side effects for that classification of the medication, common teaching points, and nursing interventions. By learning what occurs overall within the classification I felt like it made my life a lot easier.
wrote...
10 years ago
Reading the textbook is always a good idea. Try making notecards that exercise memorization & highlighting produces color association to remember the information.
wrote...
10 years ago
try to concentrate on the significance of each medication and what makes if different compared to others in the same group. knowledge will come once you are more exposed to meds in a clinical setting.
momomique
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1428 People Browsing
 129 Signed Up Today
Related Images