× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
HiHeyHello HiHeyHello
wrote...
13 years ago
HIII,
I posted this on yahoo but someone told me to ask here! so i will =)

Match the chloroplast or mitochondrial structure with its function.

A) contains the photosynthetic pigments, reaction centres and electron-transport chain; the site of light dependent reactions

B) the inner space of a chloroplast that contains a mixture of proteins and other chemicals that are used in the synthesis of carbohydrates

C) numerous folds of the inner membrane which provide a larger surface area for ATP production

D) the membrane enclosing the fluid-filled matrix; restricts the passage of molecules between the cytoplasm and the interior of the organelle; impermeable to ions; contains transport proteins

E) the membrane enclosing the fluid-filled stroma; restricts the passage of molecules between the cytoplasm and the interior of the organelle; impermeable to ions; contains transport proteins

F) fluid-filled interior of the mitochondrion; where glucose is oxidized and carbon dioxide is produced

G) freely permeable to small molecules such as oxygen

H) freely permeable to small molecules such as carbon dioxide

I) a stack of thylakoid membranes

1. inner membrane of the mitochondrion
2. outer membrane of the mitochondrion
3. cristae
4. matrix
5. outer membrane of the chloroplast
6. inner membrane of the chloroplast
7. stroma
8. thylakoid
9. granum