f
a
d
c
cagops007 cagops007
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A licensed practical/vocational nurse (LP/VN) suffered a back injury and is working while taking prescription narcotic analgesics.

A coworker noticed that the impaired nurse is risking clients care because of altered judgment and has a crucial conversation with the nurse. The nurse chooses to enter a voluntary recovery program with the state board of nursing. Which statement made by the nurse seeking recovery needs further clarification by the coworker helping the nurse to enroll into the program?
  A) I will sign an agreement with the board of nursing to voluntarily be monitored for using any narcotics the next 3 years.
  B) I will enter a drug treatment program approved by the state board of nursing and complete it and the rehab portion of the treatment.
  C) I will not work in the hospital until I meet the requirements of the state board of nursing for treatment and rehab.
  D) I will lose my license and I will need to go through nursing school again after completing the program.
Read 58 times
1 Reply