a
t
i
r
joshman171 joshman171
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
What will a health care provider include in medication teaching for a patient who will be starting a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) medication after ending treatment with sertraline hydrochloride (Zoloft)?

a. Here is some information concerning the foods you must avoid when you are taking your new medication. In 2 weeks, after your last dose of Zoloft, we will meet and I will give you a prescription for your MAOI and answer any questions you may have..
  b. After you have been off Zoloft for 1 week, come see me. I will order the new medication for you. This list includes all the foods you will not be able to eat while taking your new medicine. We'll review your diet and medication when we meet, and we will get a blood sample as well..
  c. After 4 weeks off Zoloft, come see me. The prescription for your new medication will be ready along with a list of foods you will need to avoid once you start taking the medication. I'll order some blood work at that time as well..
  d. After 2 days off Zoloft, come in to see me before going to work. I'll give you a prescription for the new medication, and we can review the foods you will need to avoid while taking the new medication..
Read 60 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
KarltonOneKarltonOne
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free