I
k
j
o
xox0jenn xox0jenn
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
When a person with memory loss is in need of orienting cues, which would be the MOST appropriate response for maintaining dignity and self-esteem?

a. You remember that yesterday was Halloween, don't you? Of course, that would make today November 1.
  b. What an unusually warm and sunny day for the first of November.
  c. I'm sure you remember to look at your calendar every day. What is today's date?
  d. What is today's date? I have such a hard time remembering such trivial matters.
Read 18 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
B
When a person suffering from memory loss is in need of orienting cues, there are many ways to provide those cues while maintaining the client's dignity and self-esteem. Directly asking a person for the information (which they would be unable to provide without cues, due to their memory loss) or bombarding the person with facts and information is not a method that maintains a client's dignity and self-esteem. One can incorporate that information within statements about other issues. Other uses of orientation cues are familiar family photos and other familiar objects.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  979 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 432

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?