c
o
l
r
Flaca732 Flaca732
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The wife of a client recently diagnosed with a mood disorder calls the nurse therapist to report a change in her husband's mood. She states, He is clearly in a better mood than usual.

I would say he seems mildly elated. He's functioning fine at work and home. He's energetic, up and doing things at 5:00 AM, and really confident in himself again. It seems fantastic, but unusual. Is this something to worry about? Which of the following potential responses by the nurse is most appropriate to this situation?
  A) It sounds as though the antidepressants are working well. Just ask him if he is experiencing any side effects and let me know.
  B) I'm concerned. Sometimes depressed people seem contented when they have decided to commit suicide. Let's schedule an appointment for tomorrow.
  C) Since he is eating, sleeping, and not behaving inappropriately, there's nothing to worry about. Just let me know if he starts getting irritable or has trouble sleeping.
  D) He sounds hypomanic. Let's schedule an appointment for this week for an evaluation. He may need additional or different medication.
Read 50 times
1 Reply