I
k
j
o
Rokard Rokard
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
9 years ago
This is a question about self-preservation and love problems. Hope you like it!

My ex broke up with me a couple of days ago. I noticed there was something with her. She had much in school and a bit down, also she started to push me away more and more, and it felt like she felt uncomfortable when i touched her. I asked her what happened and that we should talk about it, she said that there is nothing to worry about and that it'll get better.

We decided to meet one day and I had to know so I pushed her to tell me and it all stopped with her and me crying. Later that night we talked and somehow missunderstood each other. I though we had a break, she thought we'd broke up.

After 3 weeks of what i thought was a break I had to talk to her so I showed up at her house and told her that we have to set a date for the pause. In the end of the summer. After that she asked me to come in and we started to talk. Suddenly I knew she felt uncomfortable and avoided to answer me. She did not show any feelings. Just put a huge barrier around her which I couldn't get around. She avoided eye-contact. I asked if she had feelings for me. "I don't know". She already met a new guy also and she said she never felt so happy the last couple of days as she did towards the end.

I think what she did was "self-preservation" Did she?
Also, is she confused? Are there still feelings, only suppressed? Is there a chance she'll "wake up" from this state och mind and remember the nice things we had in our relationship and maybe contact me? Or is this something definite, that I make her feel bad and she wants to protect herself forever?

//Heart broken (almost ready to move on) guy
Read 921 times
10 Replies
Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
Here's my take. Her avoiding you is a sign of disinterest. This happens when a women has found someone new in her life. The person she found wasn't someone she just met, but someone she warmed up to at the very least in the past month. She obviously saw more value in this person than she did with you - perhaps her value system aligns with his and vice versa, far more than you she did with you. Understand, at the moment, that you are hurting way more than she is - I'm not telling you this to villainize her or anything, but the fact is, she has moved on while you remain heartbroken. There are two means of dealing with this situation: 1) time heals - could take a long time and months of hurting and thinking, or 2) Find another woman (or multiple women) quickly, ASAP. By waiting and pouting, you're only demonstrating beta-male characteristics.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
wrote...
Donated
9 years ago
Also, is she confused?

No, she's not confused - she made her choice.

Are there still feelings, only suppressed?

They'd only be suppressed had you broken up with her under your terms.

Is there a chance she'll "wake up" from this state och mind and remember the nice things we had in our relationship and maybe contact me?

Might, but unlikely. If the man ends up treating her like scum, she will feel remorse, but won't supplicate.

Or is this something definite, that I make her feel bad and she wants to protect herself forever?

Don't be reactive or say something your might regret later on. Therefore, best to move on.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
2) Find another woman (or multiple women) quickly, ASAP.

Being pre-selected by other women will ultimately make you more appealing and in turn create a jealousy plot-line, which could win her back, but is she really that important to win back if you are "pre-selected". I mean think about it, if you were Brad Pitt and had beautiful women surrounding you at all times, would you really care for her?
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
9 years ago
True, and what a woman says and how they respond are entirely different things.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
Rokard Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I've had a depression last summer, fall, winter and she always were there for me even if i couldn't treat her well at the time. I think she got confused because we're still young and there's lots of things happening in her life at the time.

The first love is not easy to put aside. It's something beautiful that you'll remember your whole life. She were a star, always there for me, no matter what. I wanted to show how much she meant for me now that a recovered and were able to show the same love and affection as she did for me.
wrote...
Donated
9 years ago
The first love is not easy to put aside. It's something beautiful that you'll remember your whole life. She were a star, always there for me, no matter what. I wanted to show how much she meant for me now that a recovered and were able to show the same love and affection as she did for me.

Need to move on. Chances are, she has already f@#!ed this new guy, while you stand around and reminisce.
Answer accepted by topic starter
padrepadre
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
Top Poster
9 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile