a
t
i
r
ibukunsulie85 ibukunsulie85
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Give some examples of behavior changes you would recommend to RB to promote a healthier lifestyle. This would include nutrition, exercise, daily schedule, etc.
Read 63 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
It was calculated that 2583 kcals were required for RB to maintain his weight. Less 1000 kcals per day could produce 2 lb weight loss per week. Therefore, I would start with about 1300 kcals. This is a greater reduction than it seems since RB's requirement is 2583 kcals, but he is probably taking in a lot more than that. This amount of kcals will still allow RB a sensible diet without drastic restrictions but will certainly require modifications from his usual routine. It could be argued to start a little higher and gradually reduce to about 1200 kcals but I do not like this method and I believe it would be difficult to accomplish with this patient. Set a realistic goal for weight reduction, i.e., to lose 25 lbs in 5 months. After reaching that goal, set another one.

Try to reduce fat to no more than 20 of total kcals. Substitute low-fat items for the high-fat items. Try to eliminate sugar by using artificial sweeteners. Put emphasis on lean meats, more chicken, fish, and turkey. Take advantage of the foods he enjoys, such as veal, chicken, and fish. Use cheeses made from skim milk. Increase fiber, particularly soluble fibers; use skim milk or the low-fat creams that are available. Take advantage of the fact that he likes Italian seasoning and suggest various seasonings in place of salt.

Exercise according to the MD's recommendation. Reinforce that recommendation. Encourage joining a spa, or working out with a friend.

Eat more during the day and less at night. Try to eat earlier in the evening and do not go to bed right after eating. Use his cooking talents to create low-kcal Italian dishes that taste good.
ibukunsulie85 Author
wrote...
6 years ago
thank you so much for providing this
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1329 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion