f
a
d
c
auxinic auxinic
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, auxinic
The object to be considered is a meter scale and obviously net force is zero.
I think that torque could act, if velocity of centre of mass is to be considered...but question doesn't specify anything else
Read 491 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
I------
when it is moving in a st line on a surface, then NO UNBALANCED FORCE acts because it wud be moving with accelaration= f/m where f is the force of friction so that the body remains in uniform motion.
eqns,
ma=f
R=mgcos@, where @ is the angle of inclination of the surface. R is the normal reaction.

II------
if it is rising with force of gravity downwards, then NO UNBALANCED FORCE ACTS as the downward pull wud be compensated by the accelaration of the body = g(k) to keep it uniformally moving.
mg=mg

III-----
in free space, the first answer would be NO UNBALANCED FORCE. because no force according to newton's first law.

IV-----
in air, again NO UNBALANCED FORCE. acceleration of the body= f/m(i)+g(k), where f is the force due to the wind and i,j are unit position vectors.

but in case of rotational system.............again force is balanced but torque is not balanced.
auxinic Author
wrote...
10 years ago
So, we have to consider velocity of centre of mass only and not the velocity of every particle in the object
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1104 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 378