a
t
i
r
lizzyjohnson16 lizzyjohnson16
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The client receives latanoprost (Xalatan) and another eyedrop. The nurse has completed medication education and evaluates that learning has occurred when the client makes which statement?

1. I will give two drops of one medication, wait 1 minute, and then give two drops of the other medication.
  2. I should lay the dropper against my eyelid for stability when putting in drops.
  3. I will remove my contact lens before instilling these eyedrops.
  4. I may notice that my eyelashes get thinner while I am using this medication.
Read 35 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Rationale 1: One minute is not sufficient time to wait between administrations.
Rationale 2: The client should avoid touching the eye or eyelid/lashes with any part of the eyedropper to avoid cross-contamination.
Rationale 3: The client should remove contact lenses before instilling drops and should wait 15 minutes before reinserting them.
Rationale 4: Lashes may grow thicker and darker.
Global Rationale: The client should remove contact lenses before instilling drops and should wait 15 minutes before reinserting them. One minute is not sufficient time to wait between administrations. The client should avoid touching the eye or eyelid/lashes with any part of the eyedropper to avoid cross-contamination. Lashes may grow thicker and darker.
wrote...
6 years ago
So smart
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1295 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion