a
t
i
r
jweeks98 jweeks98
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse is providing information for a client who will self-administer a twice-daily antidysrhythmic medication at home. Which client statements would the nurse evaluate as indicating good understanding of this process?

Standard Text: Select all that apply.
  1. If I get the flu, I should stop taking the medication until my fever goes down.
  2. I should take my doses as close to 12 hours apart as I can.
  3. If I forget a dose of medication I should take two pills for the next dose.
  4. If I can't take the medication for a couple of days because I am sick, I should call the clinic for advice.
  5. I should get my prescription refilled before I am completely out of medicine.
Read 20 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Correct Answer: 2,4,5
Rationale 1: Antidysrhythmic medications should not be stopped abruptly.
Rationale 2: Doses of antidysrhythmic medications should be evenly spaced.
Rationale 3: Antidysrhythmic medications should not be double-dosed to make up for missed doses.
Rationale 4: The health care provider should be consulted if the client is going to miss medication for more than 1 day.
Rationale 5: Abrupt discontinuation of antidysrhythmic medications can have serious side effects, so an adequate supply of the medication should be available.
Global Rationale: Doses of antidysrhythmic medications should be evenly spaced. The health care provider should be consulted if the client is going to miss medication for more than 1 day. Abrupt discontinuation of antidysrhythmic medications can have serious side effects, so an adequate supply of the medication should be available. Antidysrhythmic medications should not be stopped abruptly. Antidysrhythmic medications should not be double-dosed to make up for missed doses.
jweeks98 Author
wrote...
6 years ago
I appreciate what you did here
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1362 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328