t
i
r
r
mikael mikael
wrote...
Donated
9 years ago

Which of the following is a true statement? 
A)

Several days after a snowstorm, the roof on Jones's house is uniformly covered with snow, whereas on Smith's house next door the snow has completely melted off. A likely reason for this is that Smith's house has better roof insulation than does Jones's. 
B)

When you get out of a swimming pool and stand dripping wet in a breeze you feel colder than you would if your skin were dry. This is a purely psychological effect, since measurement of your skin temperature would yield the same value in both cases, wet or dry. 
C)

In some regions the following sign is frequently seen as one approaches a bridge: "CAUTION:  BRIDGE MAY BE ICY". One reason you might expect a bridge to be icier than the road leading up to it is that the bridge has both its top and bottom exposed to cold air, whereas only the top surface of the road is in contact with cold air. 
D)

When the metal cooling coils in a freezer become coated with ice this helps the freezer more effectively remove heat from warm foods placed in the freezer. 
E)

Thermos bottles have a vacuum between the inner and outer layers of glass in order to reduce heat transfer due to radiation, since radiation cannot travel through a vacuum. 
Read 294 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
padrepadre
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
Top Poster
9 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
Mastering in Nutritional Biology