s
a
t
i
r
Desolo Desolo
wrote...
9 years ago
Briefly describe how the availability heuristic affects our judgments or decisions. This heuristic appears to be used for two different kinds of judgments. What two "rules" are to be found in our use of the availability heuristic and for what two kinds of judgments are they likely to be used?
Read 235 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
The availability heuristic is a cognitive rule of thumb that is based on the ease of bringing information to mind. If something is easier to bring to mind, then we think that it must be important or diagnostic, and that we should use it to make a judgment or decision. But ease of use is not the only way in which this heuristic is employed. We are more likely to use the ease-of-use rule for judgments involving feelings, whereas we tend to rely more on an "amount-of-info" rule when our judgment or decision is being based on information or facts.
````````````````````
Desolo Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thanks for taking the time to find the right answer. This is going to help with my final exam review.
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
Great, I'm glad it worked out.

Bye for now...
````````````````````
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1268 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292