s
a
t
i
r
nite_n_day nite_n_day
wrote...
9 years ago
Describe the four basic forms of learning: (a) perceptual learning, (b) stimulus-response learning, (c) motor learning, and (d) relational learning. Give a brief example of each in your answer.
Read 1562 times
3 Replies
Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven?

Eric Clapton

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
Perceptual learning allows us to recognize stimuli. An example would be knowing that a photo is that of your aunt. Stimulus-response learning involves connections between perceptual and motor systems. Classical conditioning would be an example of a form of this type of learning (which involves a neutral stimulus taking on the capacity to elicit a reflexive response). Motor learning involves changes in neural circuits that control the muscles. An example would be the changes that occur when a person first learns to drive a car. Relational learning is the most complex form and can include the ability to recognize a stimulus using different sensory modalities or to recognize the relative location of an object among other objects in an environment.
````````````````````
nite_n_day Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Perfect!

Thanks for the assistance. Your answer was correct.
Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven?

Eric Clapton
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
My pleasure. May the force be with you Face with Stuck-out Tongue
````````````````````
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1317 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?