a
t
i
r
pempekpedas pempekpedas
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Molly is a primipara who delivered a 7 pound, 3 ounce baby girl 10 days ago. During a home visit, the nurse discovers that the baby has lost 11 ounces since birth. She suspects that Molly may be having difficulties with breastfeeding.

The nurse inquires how breastfeeding is pro-ceeding. Molly replies, I don't think my milk is going to come in. My breasts are too big. I am going to wait a few more days and then try to breastfeed again.. The nurse asks Molly if she is bottle-feeding the baby and how much formula the baby is taking every day. Molly replies Oh, I don't want to bottle-feed the baby. I am just going to wait until my milk comes in.. Based on this information, what nursing diagnosis would take priority in planning Mol-ly's care? 1. Pain
  2. Ineffective coping
  3. Caregiver role strain
  4. Deficient knowledge
Read 30 times
1 Reply