a
t
i
r
Krupa7269 Krupa7269
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
How do they differ in plant and animal cells?
What are the different phases?
Read 275 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago

Mitosis

1). The definition of Mitosis is a type of cellular reproduction in which the number of chromosomes are reduced by half through the separation of homologous chromosomes in a diploid cell.
2). The purpose of Mitosis is cellular reproduction and general growth and repair of the body.
3). There are six steps in Mitosis; Interphase, Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase and Cytokinesis.
4). During Mitosis there is no crossover of DNA.
5). During Mitosis any type of cell can be reproduced (skin cells, blood cells, bone cells, etc) except for egg and sperm cells.
6). During Mitosis the cell has one division.
7). The end product of Mitosis is two daughter cells.
8). Mitosis occurs in all organisms.

Meiosis

1). The definition of Meiosis a type of cellular reproduction in which the number of chromosomes are reduced by half through the separation of homologous chromosomes in a diploid cell.
2). The purpose of Meiosis is for sexual reproduction.
3). There are nine steps in Meiosis; Interphase, Prophase I, Metaphase I, Anaphase I, Telophase I, Prophase II, Metaphase II, Anaphase II and Telophase I. 
4). During Meiosis there is at least one crossover of DNA.
5). During Meiosis only sex cells are reproduced, male sperm cells and female egg cells.
6). During Meiosis the cell has two divisions.
7). The end product of Meiosis is four daughter cells.
8). Meiosis occurs in only humans, animals, plants and fungi.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1251 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204