a
t
i
r
lomari lomari
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Whitaker was not opposed to a battle for initiative in therapy. He would often stake out his position with what he called an I-position. Of the following, which is most likely a Whitaker beginning?

A. I should probably make clear that I am not part of your team. I am willing to be a coach, but you are the players, not me, and Im not even sure what will happen until I feel my way into the family.
  B. I would like to start by getting to know each of you. Perhaps each of you could tell me a little bit about yourself and what you hope to get out of our work together.
  C. As you have already noticed, you have been hooked up to some machines that measure brain activity and heart rate, among other things, so I want all of you to talk about your problems, and I will check back in later.
  D. While I would like to help you with your problem, I really have no idea about how to do that, and frankly, I may never have a good idea about what to do. What do you think?
Read 51 times
1 Reply