× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
star star
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
13 years ago
This case deals with an Islamic court which said that people could not start a discussion board on Facebook, Twitter and other sites because it could lead to criticisms of strict Islamic Sharia law.

Do you think that it was right of the court to make this decision and not allow these people their freedom of speech because of criticisms that may have resulted toward the Islamic Sharia law?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/03/25/sharia.amputations/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
Read 1817 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Any law based on Islam, or any legal principle linked specifically to a particular religion, must never be accepted within a free society. Too often such principles oppose women, homosexuals, racial minorities, and others who do not conform to the religion in question. I would not want to follow the rules of an imaginary man, or his imaginary son or prophet, who may never have existed except in ancient literature.
ppk
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
13 years ago
Any law based on Islam, or any legal principle linked specifically to a particular religion, must never be accepted within a free society. Too often such principles oppose women, homosexuals, racial minorities, and others who do not conform to the religion in question. I would not want to follow the rules of an imaginary man, or his imaginary son or prophet, who may never have existed except in ancient literature.

I think you're getting a little too carried away with your idiotic comments. The article mentioned Islam, not Christianity.

who may never have existed except in ancient literature.

You're a dumbass and go to school.
wrote...
13 years ago
In my opinion, I don't think there is anything wrong with having discussions about issues that is been going on around the world. People from all over the world need to know what is going on some parts of world and how they handle their situations differently. I don't know much about the Sharia law but being well informed about such incidents on websites or discussion board is not going to affect their law or people's perspective in anyways.
wrote...
Valued Member
13 years ago
I definitely don't agree with this ruling; it's basically an infringement on the right to free speech. Any legal system should be open to criticism and allow people to communicate their opinions.
````````````````````
wrote...
13 years ago
Well what do you expect, they follow the Sharia law - the evil of all evil Slight Smile
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1274 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4