a
t
i
r
wr7gguy wr7gguy
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which scenario best reflects direct supervision of a nursing assistant?

1. The nurse and the nursing assistant work together to provide care to a team of six patients.
   2. The nursing assistant provides care independently and telephones the nurse when questions arise.
   3. The nursing assistant only provides hygienic care to the patient and works independently in the patient's home.
   4. The nursing assistant charts care in the patient's medical record and the nurse reviews that charting on a regular basis.

The registered nurse has delegated the task of ambulating a patient who has a history of unexpected falls to two nursing assistants.

The patient appears to ambulate without assistance, but must be ambulated with two assistants in case of another unexpected fall. What is the most important aspect of delegating this task? 1. The patient is comfortable walking with the aides.
   2. The patient understands the need for assistance.
   3. The aides understand the importance of walking with the patient.
   4. The aides understand the patient is to be ambulated twice daily.

The nurse is searching for information about nurses' responsibility and accountability for appropriate delegation of tasks. Where should this nurse look for this information? Choose all that apply.

1. ANA Code for Nurses
   2. ANA Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice
   3. State nurse practice acts
   4. Nursing rules and regulations as promulgated by the state
   5. State medical association bylaws

Which option reflects assignment in nursing?

1. The nurse says to the charge nurse, Please watch my patients while I run down and pick up some lunch from the hospital cafeteria.
   2. The nurse asks a housekeeper to clean a bed quickly for a new admission.
   3. The charge nurse divides the patient load into one team for each staff nurse who works the shift.
   4. The nurse says, I know we aren't supposed to take the patients out to smoke, but go ahead and do it. I'll take the heat if anything happens.
Read 36 times
2 Replies