f
a
d
c
hazel hazel
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
astronomy 101 Lithium, beryllium and boron are elements with atomic numbers 3, 4, and 5, respectively. Despite their being three of the five simplest elements compared to many heavier elements, why are these elements so rare?
Read 555 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
9 years ago
helium fusion involves 6 protons... lithium, beryllium, and boron have less than 6... Be, B, and Li made in beginning of the universe in extremely small quantities<
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
wrote...
9 years ago
The process in which helium fuses into carbon was the first thing that came up in my google search. But, this is one area that completely greek to me, and I tried to read around and there doesn't seem to be an answer for this question. Majority of the theories I read just agree on this:

Big Bang Conditions - Evolution
Interaction of the Standard Galactic Cosmic Rays with interstellar medium, supernova spallation and a low energy component related to supernova explosions in galactic superbubbles are all necessary... (origin and production).

It's still greek to me and I don't know of it's relevance to Helium and Carbon.

It's a mystery I guess, there are hundreds of theories but none of them are the answer to your question. This is very interesting! Well good luck!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  935 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 419