c
l
e
s
nr01404 nr01404
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A consumer is learning about electronic health records at a local health fair and states, I am worried that someone can read my health information and I really don't understand the difference between privacy and confidentiality. The nurse explains that an example of confidentiality would be:

a. a pledge that states, I will hold matters pertaining to my patients in strict intimacy.
  b. a patient who does not tell the physician that he has been treated for a sexually transmitted disease.
  c. a teenager who sustains a broken arm and in the emergency department and withholds information about her use of recreational drugs.
  d. locking medical records in cabinets to prevent unauthorized users from accessing patient information.

A nurse is preparing a scholarly publication on the prevalence of hepatitis A worldwide. The most efficient and effective means of conducting an Internet search to gather information for this publication is to use:

a. a search engine such as Google or Yahoo.
  b. a consumer health website.
  c. a decision support system.
  d. MEDLINE database.

During a search for the term informatics, when the nurse finds the domain .edu, the site is affiliated with a(n):

a. government agency.
  b. commercial site.
  c. educational institution
  d. Internet service provider.

Consumers are concerned with security issues related to their confidential health information being placed in an electronic health record (EHR). However, when the security of the EHR is compared with that of paper-and-pencil records, the EHR is:

a. more secure.
  b. less secure.
  c. equivalent.
  d. not comparable with the paper-and-pencil record.
Read 28 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
f3arbadf3arbad
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 8 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 220 words.