C
z
n
camerontsang camerontsang
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The rationalist view of the cause of World War I states that

a. the state's interest, or a nationality within the state's interests, is supreme.
  b. the changing distribution of power within the anarchical global system is the primary factor determining astate's behavior.
 c. Great Britain caused World War I.
  d. World War I is a result of the iron law of history..

The idea that nationalism contributed to the cause of World War I focuses on which level of analysis?

a. Individual
  b. State
  c. International
  d. Global

Which of the following best describes a structuralist explanation of the causes of World War I?

a. The great powers did not share values, identities, and norms, which made an outbreak of war inevitable.
  b. World leaders made deliberate choices in a quest for power that led to the outbreak of the war.
  c. The changing global distribution of power and the way the great powers were aligned against each othercreated an environment conducive to armed conflict.
 d. The absence of powerful international institutions made diplomacy difficult and cooperation impossible asstates sought their own self-interest.

Criticisms of long-cycle theory include which of the following?

a. There is no agreement on which factorseconomic, military, or domesticproduce these cycles.
  b. Theorists disagree on the time frame necessary between cycles.
  c. The theory is too deterministic.
  d. Both statements A and C are true.

Stability often occurs when there is a single ______ that dominates the conduct of international politics and economic relations.

a. hegemon
  b. war
  c. cycle
  d. international organization
Read 67 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
shy;shy;
wrote...
Top Poster
6 years ago