t
i
r
r
yadwinder yadwinder
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Which formula is dimensionally consistent with an expression yielding a value for velocity? (a is acceleration, x is distance, and t is time)
 a. v/t2
  c. v2/t
  b. vx2
  d. at

[Ques. 2] I walk six miles in a straight line in a direction north of east, and I end up four miles north and several miles east. How many degrees north of east have I walked?
 a. 19
  c. 60
  b. 42
  d. 71

[Ques. 3] Arvin the Ant travels 30 cm eastward, then 25 cm northward, and finally 10 cm westward. In what direction is Arvin now in with respect to his starting point?
 a. 59 N of E
  c. 29 N of W
  b. 29 N of E
  d. 51 N of E

[Ques. 4] Find the sum of the following two vectors: (i) 50 units due east and (ii) 100 units 30 south of west.
 a. 100 units 30 south of west
  c. 87 units 60 south of west
  b. 62 units 54 south of west
  d. 62 units 15 south of west

[Ques. 5] A taxicab moves five blocks due north, five blocks due east, and another three blocks due north. Assume all blocks are of equal size. How far is the taxi from its starting point?
 a. 13 blocks
  c. 9.2 blocks
  b. 9.4 blocks
  d. 8.6 blocks

[Ques. 6] In a 2-dimensional Cartesian system, the y component of a vector is known, and the angle between vector and x axis is known. Which operation is used to calculate the magnitude of the vector (taken with respect to the y component)?
 a. dividing by cosine
  c. multiplying by cosine
  b. dividing by sine
  d. multiplying by sine

[Ques. 7] In a 2-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system the x component of a given vector is equal to that vector's magnitude multiplied by which trigonometric function, with respect to the angle between vector and y axis?
 a. sine
  c. tangent
  b. cosine
  d. cotangent

[Ques. 8] In a 2-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system the y component of a given vector is equal to that vector's magnitude multiplied by which trigonometric function, with respect to the angle between vector and x axis?
 a. sine
  c. tangent
  b. cosine
  d. cotangent

[Ques. 9] When three vectors are added graphically and form a closed triangle, the largest enclosed angle between any two of the vectors cannot be greater than:
 a. 60.
  c. 180.
  b. 90.
  d. No maximum exists.

[Ques. 10] A student adds two vectors with magnitudes of 200 and 70 . Which one of the following is the only possible choice for the magnitude of their sum?
 a. 100
  c. 200
  b. 280
  d. 70
Read 40 times
2 Replies