i
d
d
J
daisy1234567 daisy1234567
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following is true for an oscillating spring?
  1.The kinetic energy is greatest when the spring is the most compressed and the most extended.
  2.The potential energy is greatest when the spring is the most compressed and the most extended.
  3.The total energy is greatest when the spring is the most compressed and the most extended.
  4.None of these.

[Ques. 2] For which of the following would it be most advisable to utilize a system that is damped?
  1.within the pendulum of a grandfather clock
  2.within shock absorbers
  3.within the bouncing mechanism for a trampoline
  4.within a buoy that floats on the ocean

[Ques. 3] An object of mass m is attached to a spring of spring constant k and it is pulled so that it starts to oscillate at its natural frequency f. Now the spring is cut in half and the experiment is repeated. What will be the new frequency of vibration?
  1. f
  2. f/2
  3. f2
  4. 2f

[Ques. 4]

Which of these represents an example of simple harmonic motion?

(i) a bouncing ball
   (ii) a marble rolling back and forth in a concave bowl
   (iii) a tree branch vibrating
   (iv) someone walking back and forth across a room, dozens of times

1.all of them
  2.(i) and (iv)
  3.(ii) and (iii)
  4.(i) and (iii)

[Ques. 5] Suppose that a grandfather clock is calibrated correctly at sea level and is then brought up to the top of a tall mountain. What would need to be done to calibrate the clock at the top of the mountain?<--EndFragment-->
  1.Nothing, it should work fine since it was already calibrated at sea level.
  2.The bob of the pendulum should be slid slightly down the rod.
  3.The bob of the pendulum should be slid slightly up the rod.
  4.It cannot be calibrated at the top of the mountain.

[Ques. 6] A mass, m, is hung from a spring that has a spring constant, k, and the system is set into oscillation. The period of the oscillation is measured and recorded as T. If the mass is doubled and the spring is replaced by a less-stiff one that has half the spring constant, k/2, what will happen to the subsequent period of oscillation of the new spring-mass combination?
  1.It will remain the same.
  2.It will quadruple.
  3.It will double.
  4.It will halve.

[Ques. 7] An object of mass m is hung from a string and set swinging. The period of the oscillation is recorded as T. The object of mass m is removed and is replaced by an object of mass 2m. When this object is set swinging, the period of its motion is

1. 2T
  2. T/2
  3. 2T
  4. T

[Ques. 8] A pendulum bob on the end of a 1 m long piece of string is pulled 2 cm from its equilibrium position and it is released. In one full cycle of its motion, through what total distance does it travel?
  1.2 cm
  2.1/2 cm
  3.4 cm
  4.8 cm

[Ques. 9] What is the chance of three heads and two tails being the result of the toss of five coins?
  1.1/32
  2.5/32
  3.5/16
  4.1/2

[Ques. 10] You have three dice and you roll them simultaneously. What is the chance that all three dice will end up with the same value?
  1.1/6
  2.3/6
  3.1/36
  4.1/216
Read 54 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bcoleman2353bcoleman2353
wrote...
Rep: 5 0
6 years ago