a
t
i
r
vanpac vanpac
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
When the number of turns in a solenoid and its length are both doubled, the ratio of the magnitude of the new magnetic field inside to the magnitude of the original magnetic field inside is:
 a. 0.25
  b. 0.50
  c. 1
  d. 2
  e. 4

[Ques. 2] Oxygen is supplied to the atmosphere by
 a. ozone.
  b. incomplete combustion.
  c. photosynthesis.
  d. complete combustion.

[Ques. 3] Calculate the frequency, in hertz, of photons of light with energy of 2.00  10-19 J.

[Ques. 4] A current element (length = 1.0 cm) lies along the x axis with its center at x = 0 and carries a 20-A current in the positive x direction. Consider only the field of this current element and decide which combination of the following statements is correct. 1 . The field at (0, 0, 1.0 m) is in the positive z direction. 2 . The field at (0, 1.0 m, 0) is in the negative y direction. 3 . The field at (1.0 m, 0, 0) is zero. 4 . The field at (0, 0, 1.0 m) is in the negative y direction.
 a. 3 and 4
  b. 1 and 3
  c. 2 and 4
  d. 1 and 2
  e. None of these

[Ques. 5] Which of the following gases is a trace natural constituent of the air?
 a. CO
  b. SO2
  c. CO2
  d. NO2

[Ques. 6] Calculate the energy, in joules, of photons of light with frequency 6.00  1014 Hz.

[Ques. 7] A single circular (radius = R) loop of wire is located in the yz plane with its center at the origin. The loop has a clockwise current as seen from the point (+R, 0, 0). The direction of the magnetic field at the point
 a. (0, 0, 0) is i and at the point (+R, 0, 0) is i.
  b. (0, 0, 0) is i and at the point (0, +2R, 0) is i.
  c. (0, 0, 0) is +i and at the point (+R, 0, 0) is +i.
  d. (0, 0, 0) is +i and at the point (0, +2R, 0) is +i.
  e. None of the above

[Ques. 8] Which of the following gases is a trace natural constituent of the air?
 a. Ar
  b. SO2
 c. CO
  d. NO2

[Ques. 9] When an electron is added to an atom, a(n) ______________ ion is formed.
 Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

[Ques. 10] Two long parallel wires lie in the xz plane. One wire passes through the point (2 m, 0, 0) and the other through the point (+2 m, 0, 0). The wires carry equal currents in the positive z direction. 1 . The magnetic field at (3 m, 0, 0) is in the negative y direction. 2 . The magnetic field at (1 m, 0, 0) is in the positive y direction. 3 . The magnetic field at (+1 m, 0, 0) is in the positive y direction. 4 . The magnetic field at (+3 m, 0, 0) is in the negative y direction.
 a. 1 and 2 are correct.
  b. 1 and 4 are correct.
  c. 2 and 3 are correct.
  d. 3 and 4 are correct.
  e. None of the above are correct.
Read 46 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
peytonjlpeytonjl
wrote...
Rep: 8 0