p
n
C
z
Spam839656 Spam839656
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
What is the investigative goal of the police officer in interviewing a rape victim?

A) To gather evidence in order to convict the suspect
  B) To cross-examine the victim to identify potential pitfalls in her story to determine prosecution strategies
  C) To determine why the victim is the victim.
  D) To determine if and how the crime occurred.

(Question #2) A woman is at home and dialed 911 and says, I was just raped. What should the dispatcher advise the victim to do?

A) Do not change your clothes or shower.
  B) Change your clothes and bring them to the hospital where an investigator will meet you.
  C) To avoid sexually transmitted diseases, immediately wash yourself with soap for at least one minute in any area where bodily fluids may have been transmitted.
  D) Go to the sexual assault victim center and an investigator will meet you there.

(Question #3) Generally speaking, most sex crimes, rape in particular, are thought to be grossly underreported by victims. How often do sexual assault crimes go unreported to police?

A) An estimated 20 percent
  B) An estimated 30 percent
  C) An estimated 50 percent
  D) An estimated 95 percent

(Question #4) A female college student is receiving sexually explicit emails and texts from someone she is somewhat acquainted with. Texts include, I watch you get undressed every day. I saw you in the cafeteria. You shouldn't walk to your car all alone after work.

The officer investigating recognizes that this is clearly a stalking case. The officer suggests to the victim that she apply to the court to obtain a restraining order against the stalker.

What is the likely result of a restraining order in this case?

A) A restraining order is not likely to be issued by the court in this case.
  B) A restraining order is highly effective and should result in the end of the stalking.
  C) Restraining orders are often ineffective in cases like this one and the stalking is likely to continue.
  D) The restraining order will result in an arrest, probably within 24 hours, thus ending the stalking.
Read 222 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
peytonjlpeytonjl
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free