b
j
u
j
bigt246823 bigt246823
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The ________ rule under the original Uniform Crime Reports held that, if multiple crimes took place within the same event, only the single most serious crime was reported.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

(Question #2) Police officers are resistant to change and often balk at doing things differently.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

(Question #3) Describe what gatekeepers and informants are and explain how they differ.

What will be an ideal response?
Read 56 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
1)  hierarchy

2)  TRUE

3)  Students should identify and explain:
(a) Gatekeeper - anyone the field research encounters who has formal or informal authority to control access to the site.
(i) A gatekeeper can be a thug on the corner, the administrator of a hospital, or the owner of a business.
(ii) Most formal organizations have authorities from whom permission to enter must be obtained.
(iii) Researchers should expect to negotiate with gatekeepers and bargain for access.
(iv) Researchers need to set nonnegotiable limits in order to protect research integrity. Gatekeepers may forget initial demands as trust develops.
(b) Informant - a key actor in field research with whom an ethnographer develops a relationship and who tells about, or informs on, the field.
bigt246823 Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Thank you for helping me with this assignment of mine
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1151 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 405