p
n
C
z
raffat naseem raffat naseem
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Because glacial ice is a natural, consolidated aggregate of minerals, it is considered to be a rock. Explain what type of rock it is: igneous, metamorphic, or sedimentary.

What will be an ideal response?

Q. 2 - What evidence exists in either photograph that all of the visible landscape has been sculpted by glaciers? Be as complete as possible, by describing all glacial features that you see.

You may find it useful to label these features on the photographs, too.

Q. 3 - Describe any visible differences in the amount of ice in the zones of accumulation and wastage in 1983 relative to 1955.

Q. 4 - What evidence can you identify in either photograph that indicates that the end of the glacier was once farther downslope than it was in 1955?

Q. 5 - How does a glacier move and where does the movement take place? How quickly do glaciers move?

Q. 6 - How does glacier ice form?

Q. 7 - Glaciers are sometimes called rivers of ice but while it is easy to observe rivers, it is difficult to directly observe glacial flows because the ice is opaque and moves very slowly.

How do geologists overcome these obstacles to studying glacier movement, erosion, and deposition?
Read 43 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
Farloo014Farloo014
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 500 words.