a
t
i
r
jihuygu jihuygu
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
What physiologic responses are associated with a high fat infusion? I. increased pulmonary artery pressure II. decreased arterial Pao2 III. increased Paco2 IV. increased pulmonary vascular resistance

A. II, III only
  B. I, II, IV only
  C. II, III, IV only
  D, I, II, III, IV

Q. 2  While performing indirect calorimetry on a mechanically ventilated patient who is unable to achieve steady state. What should the therapist do to obtain a resting energy expenditure measurement?

A. Obtain data for at least 15 minutes, and extrapolate the value to 24 hours.
  B. Obtain data for three 15-minute intervals, determine the average, and extrapolate the value to 24 hours.
  C. Obtain a mean value over the time of the testing period, and extrapolate the value to 24 hours.
  D. No useful value for the resting energy expenditure can be obtained.

Q. 3  When using indirect calorimetry to determine a person's resting energy expenditure, which of the following physiologic measurements are involved in the process? I. VD/VT ratio II. O2 consumption III. shunt fraction IV. CO2 production

A. I, III only
  B. II, III only
  C. II, IV only
  D. II, III, IV only

Q. 4  The therapist is working with a patient who is receiving VC-SIMV and is scheduled to undergo indirect calorimetry in 2 hours. The therapist has received an order from the physician to reduce the mandatory rate from 10 to 8 breaths/minute. What should the therapist do?

A. Wait until after the indirect calorimetry to change the mandatory rate.
  B. Change the patient's mandatory rate anytime up to the start of the indirect calorimetry.
  C. The therapist can make the ventilator change up to 90 minutes before the indirect calorimetry.
  D. The therapist must make sure that the patient is sedated, and is given an analgesic, if necessary, 1 hour before the best.
Read 29 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
megantttmeganttt
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 460 words.