a
t
i
r
guccigangcuggu guccigangcuggu
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The type of station outlet connection that uses noninterchangeable thread fittings to connect gas-powered devices to station outlets is known as:

a. regulator. c. Pin Index Safety System.
  b. quick-connect adapter. d. DISS.

Q. 2  Which safety system(s) is (are) found at station outlets of a medical gas piping system? 1. Diameter Index Safety System (DISS) 2. American Standard Safety System (ASSS) 3. Pin Index Safety System 4. Quick Connect

a. 1 c. 2 and 3
  b. 1 and 4 d. 2 and 4

Q. 3  Which of the following are safety features incorporated into a medical gas piping system? 1. Zone valves 2. Riser valves 3. Pressure-relief valves 4. In-line oxygen analyzers

a. 3 and 4 c. 1 and 4
  b. 1 and 3 d. 1, 2, and 3

Q. 4  In the event of a fire in a hospital, which of the following might be necessary?

1. Provide supplemental oxygen to patients who require it.
  2. Shut off oxygen zone valves to the affected area.
  3. Shut off the main oxygen valve.
  4. Check oxygen line pressure.
  a. 3 c. 2 and 4
  b. 1 and 2 d. 3 and 4

Q. 5  What percentage of oxygen does a typical molecular sieve concentrator provide when it is run-ning at 2 L/min?

a. 100 c. 85
  b. 90 d. 40

Q. 6  Which of the following agencies makes recommendations for medical air supply?

a. ISO c. CGA
  b. NFPA d. Bureau of Medical Devices

Q. 7  Which of the following type(s) of air compressors is (are) used in bulk supply systems? 1. Piston 2. Rotary 3. Liquid air 4. Diaphragm

a. 1 and 4 c. 1 and 2
  b. 1 and 3 d. 2

Q. 8  Which of the following statements about medical air supplies are false?

1. The air intake port must be located indoors.
  2. The source of medical air must be from the outside atmosphere.
  3. Most hospital bulk air supply systems use two compressors.
  4. Backflow through the compressors that are cycled off must be prevented manually.
  a. 1 and 4 c. 2 and 3
  b. 1, 2, and 3 d. 3 and 4
Read 20 times
3 Replies