× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
buttsuni buttsuni
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The following sentences form a paragraph. Select the correct word or phrase for each blank.

Lacking land ______________ is marked only by a dark patch of rippling weeds.

A) boundaries, it
  B) boundaries it
  C) boundaries it,

Ques. 2

The following sentences form a paragraph. Select the correct word or phrase for each blank.

This strange sea is one of ____________ oddities.

A) natures
  B) nature's
  C) natures'

Ques. 3

The ____________________ of the Canary Islands.

A) Sargasso sea is set in the Atlantic ocean just West
  B) Sargasso Sea is set in the Atlantic Ocean just West
  C) Sargasso Sea is set in the Atlantic Ocean just west

Ques. 4

Consequently, a whole generation of ____________ men became everyday users of __________ invention.

A) American, Gillette's
  B) American, Gillettes
  C) american, Gillettes'

Ques. 5

When the United States entered ____________the government ordered 2.5 million razors and 36 million blades.

A) World War I
  B) World War I,
  C) world war I,

Ques. 6

By 1906, 300,000 _____________ and 500,000 ____________ were being sold yearly.

A) razor's, blade's
  B) razors', blades'
  C) razors, blades

Ques. 7

Unfortunately the reality was harder to produce than the idea. Only with the help of William Nickerson, a professor from the Massachusetts ______________ the safety razor finally hit the market in 1903

A) Institute of Technology, did
  B) institute of technology, did
  C) Institute of Technology did

Ques. 8

As I stood there with the razor in my ________________ Gillette razor and disposable blade were born.

A) hand, he recalled years later, the
  B) hand, he recalled years later. The
  C) hand, he recalled years later, the

Ques. 9

While shaving with his old-fashioned one-piece razor one __________ had an inspiration.

A) morning, he
  B) morning he
  C) morning he,
Read 45 times
3 Replies