d
e
s
s
e
123kduncan 123kduncan
wrote...
6 years ago
Identify the sentence that uses parallel structure.

a. Mom made the turkey, the stuffing was made by me, and Janet baked the pie.

b. Mom made the turkey, I made the stuffing, and Janet baked the pie.

c. Mom made the turkey, the stuffing was made by me, and the pie was baked by Janet.

d. The turkey was made by mom, the stuffing was made by me, and Janet baked the pie.

Ques. 2

An example of a statement that contains a figurative expression is:

a. Walking in the rain can be so much fun.

b. His dream dried up like a raisin.

c. Ideas are often subject to critical evaluation.

d. I wandered alone down the deserted street.

Ques. 3

Identify the sentence that uses parallel structure.

a. Rarely do we pay tribute to the people who cared for us, who challenged us, and inspire us

b. Rarely do we pay tribute to the people who cared for us, who challenge us, and inspire us.

c. Rarely do we pay tribute to the people who cared for us, who challenged us, who inspired us.

d. Rarely do we pay tribute to the people who provided care, who challenged us, who inspired us.

Ques. 4

An inference can be defined as

a. an expression of fact.

b. a broad, general statement.

c. something that is assumed to be true.

d. a prediction about the unknown based on available facts and information.

Ques. 5

Identify the correct sentence.

a. Because many students in the class skipped directly to exercises without reading the explanations, they did not get a good grasp of the material and fail the test.

b. Because many students in the class skip directly to exercises without reading the explanations, they did not get a good grasp of the material and failed the test.

c. Because many students in the class skipped directly to exercises without reading the explanations, they did not get a good grasp of the material and failed the test.

d. Because many students in the class skipped directly to exercises without reading the explanations, they do not get a good grasp of the material and failed the test.

Ques. 6

An example of a word that carries a positive connotative meaning is

a. pencil.

b. reasoning.

c. building.

d. vacation.

Ques. 7

Identify the correct sentence.

a. After three days of the deliberation in the Michael Jackson trial, the jury finally reached their verdict.

b. After three days of the deliberation in the Michael Jackson trial, the jury finally reached his or her verdict.

c. After three days of the deliberation in the Michael Jackson trial, the jury finally reached its verdict.

d. After three days of the deliberation in the Michael Jackson trial, the jury finally reached your verdict.
Read 56 times
3 Replies