a
t
i
r
dcrone dcrone
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Transitions are words and phrases that show relationships between ideas. For instance, time transitions such as before, soon, and now show time relationships.

a. classification

b. comparison/contrast

c. cause/effect

d. illustration/example

Ques. 2

Identify the correct sentence.

a. The antique store has its own policies about returns and exchanges.

b. The antique store has their own policies about returns and exchanges.

c. The antique store has his or her own policies about returns and exchanges.

d. The antique store had their own policies about returns and exchanges.

Ques. 3

a. Frank jumped in the lake where he had swum many times before, but he didn't realize an alligator had made that water its new home.

b. Frank jumped in the lake wherehe had swum many times before, but he doesn't realize an alligator had made that water its new home.

c. Frank jumped in the lake where they had swum many times before, but he didn't realize an alligator had made that water its new home.

d. Frank jumped in the lake where he swam many times before, but he didn't realize an alligator had made that water their new home.

Ques. 4

a. Anyone who works hard can improve his or her writing, but many students feel as if they don't have time to revise their papers.

b. Anyone who works hard can improve your writing, but many students feel asif they don't have time to revise their papers.

c. Anyone who works hard can improve his or her writing, but many students feel as if they didn't have time to revise their papers.

d. Anyone who worked hard can improve his or her writing, but many studentsfeel as if they don't have time to revise their papers.

Ques. 5

The thought pattern used to describe physical location or position is

a. statement and clarification.

b. spatial order.

c. summary.

d. addition.

Ques. 6

a. As soon as my socks got wet, they turn to ice, so I always ran back in the house within five minutes of playing in the snow.

b. As soon as my socks get wet, it turned to ice, so I always ran back in the house within five minutes of playing in the snow.

c. As soon as my socks got wet, they turned to ice, so I always ran back in the house within five minutes of playing in the snow.

d. As soon as my socks got wet, it turned to ice, so I always run back in the house within five minutes of playing in the snow.
Read 36 times
2 Replies