j
l
d
y
keke12345676 keke12345676
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Which of the following sentences contains no error in quotation mark usage?

a) Who said, We have nothing to fear but fear itself'? asked Professor Higgins.
  b) He asked me Who said, We have nothing to fear but fear itself'?
  c) He asked me, Who said, We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Ques. 2

Many students who major in psychology want to become therapists. For these students, there are five main career paths. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who, in addition to 4 years of medical training, has completed 3 years of residency training in psychiatry, most of which is spent in supervised clinical practice. Psychiatrists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of abnormal behavior. They are the only mental health professionals who are licensed to prescribe medications, in addition to providing psychotherapy. A psychoanalyst is a psychiatrist (or psychologist) who has received additional specialized training in psychoanalytic theory and practice, usually at a psychoanalytic institute that requires him or her to undergo psychoanalysis before practicing.

a. example and explanation
  b. enumeration and definition c. definition and explanation

Ques. 3

One of the main constitutional changes in the American system of government over the years has been a shift from the purely republican system of government created by the framers, to a system that is much more democratic. The voting base has been extended, giving more people a direct voice in their government. For instance, the Seventeenth Amendment provided for the direct popular election of the Senate, the Nineteenth Amendment extended the right to vote to women, and the Twenty-sixth Amendment extended the vote to citizens age eighteen and over. Finally, fewer representatives now act as independent trustees, choosing instead to serve as delegates instructed by the voters through public opinion polls, mail counts, and the media. In these ways, the American republic has indeed approached democracy.

a. comparison-contrast
  b. enumeration and example c. definition and explanation

Ques. 4

Which of the following sentences contains no error in quotation mark usage?

a) Tom said I can't believe that she actually asked me Are you actually going to pay me back?'

b) Have you actually read his short story Lucky'? said Rachel.
  c) On his TV sitcom That's My Horse the actor plays a wacky neighbor.

Ques. 5

Which of the following sentences contains an error in quotation mark usage?

a) The critic called the movie an unmitigated disaster; judging by the dismal box office returns, the audience agreed.
  b) The May Fly never did like the adage, Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
  c) Did he actually say Time waits for no man?

Ques. 6

The following sentence contains an error in apostrophe usage: The Joneses' three homes are worth millions.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false
Read 47 times
3 Replies