a
t
i
r
fairlykyle fairlykyle
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Child support issues arise in which of the following contexts?

A) paternity actions
  B) divorce actions
  C) legal separation actions
  D) all of the above

Q. #2

Courts can look at where a person votes to determine his or her ________.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Q. #3

Which of the following is not TRUE with respect to child support?

A) A step-parent owes a duty of child support to step-children he or she has adopted.
  B) A parent's child support obligation automatically terminates when the child reaches the age of majority in every state.
  C) Child support refers to a parent's legal obligation to contribute to the economic maintenance of a child until the age of majority, emancipation, or some other circumstance specified by a court.
  D) A parent's duty to support his or her child may continue even if the child is in the custody of a governmental agency such as a residential treatment program.

Q. #4

The purpose of a bench conference is usually to clarify a legal point or to discuss something outside the hearing of the jury.

a. True
  b. False

Q. #5

The Latin phrase ________ meaning from the chains or bonds of marriage is used to describe an absolute divorce that allows the parties freedom to marry.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Q. #6

Which of the following statements is NOT true with respect to the calculation of child support?

A) If a party intentionally quits their job even though they are perfectly able to work, the court can impute income to that party when calculating child support.
  B) When child support is calculated, payments associated with compensation for employment such as regular bonuses and allowances for housing are likely to be treated as income in the child support context.
  C) Deviations from the guidelines may be permitted to accommodate extraordinary expenses.
  D) Deviations from the guideline amount are not permitted because they tend to result in inconsistent and unfair treatment of noncustodial parents.

Q. #7

Andrea wants to seek a deviation in the child support amount resulting from the application of the guidelines. She thinks her daughter's father should have to pay a higher amount of child support for all of the following reasons. Which of the reasons is the court likely to agree with, if any?

A) Although she can still work at her job, Andrea has developed a respiratory condition and seeks a deviation on that basis.
  B) Andrea has recently remarried and her new husband has a child they are raising.
  C) The court is likely to consider each of these a sufficient ground to warrant a deviation.
  D) None of the above is sufficient to warrant a deviation from the guidelines amount.
Read 41 times
3 Replies