a
t
i
r
dexter54 dexter54
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
In __________, the U.S. Supreme Court addressed held that retailers are exempt from collecting sales taxes in states where they have no nexus or physical presence, such as a store, office, or warehouse.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Q. 2

The tax _________ measures the extent to which taxpayers fail to file their federal tax returns and to pay the correct tax on time.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Q. 3

Harry and Kim enter into an agreement in which Harry agrees to purchase Kim's Shetland pony for 1,000. Kim owns two Shetland ponies, and the contract does not distinguish between them. How will a court determine which pony is the subject of the contract?

A) The court will have to look at the circumstances surrounding the contract to determine which pony was intended.
  B) The court cannot enforce the agreement - there is no way to know which pony was intended.
  C) The court will have to guess which pony was intended.
  D) There is no need to determine this - Harry can have his pick of either pony.

Q. 4

Typical analysis reports include all of the following except a(n):

A. Issue list
  B. Bibliography
  C. Cast of characters
  D. Chronology
  E. All of the above

Q. 5

The complaint is the initiation of a civil lawsuit.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Q. 6

Jules is a jewelry manufacturer. He has sold wholesale to Fred's Diamond Emporium for the last ten years. Jules sends Fred an e-mail which reads: I have 1000 pieces of 14-karat gold-set diamond earrings, all styles, available for delivery in thirty days. Are you interested? Fred's response: Absolutely I'll take the whole lot. Please ship them to the usual address as soon as they're available. There is no mention of a price. What legal authority applies?

A) the Statute of Frauds B) the Uniform Commercial Code
  C) the Restatement (Second) of Contracts D) no legal authority
Read 36 times
2 Replies