a
t
i
r
scollins44 scollins44
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The pacemaker insertion surgery places G.P. at risk for several serious complications

List three potential problems that you will monitor for as you care for him.

Question 2

Within the hour, G.P. converts with intravenous diltiazem (Cardizem) to sick sinus syndrome with long sinus pauses that cause lightheadedness and hypotension.

What risks does the new rhythm pose for G.P.? Explain the reasons for your answers.

Question 3

Because G.P.'s dysrhythmia is causing unacceptable symptoms, he is taken to surgery and a permanent DDDR pacemaker is placed and set at a rate of 70 beats/min.

What does the code DDDR mean?

Question 4

You review G.P.'s laboratory test results and note that all of them are within normal range, including troponin and creatinine phosphokinase (CPK) levels.

His potassium level is 4.7 mEq/L. Given this and his current dysrhythmia, what is the likely cause of the symptoms he has been experiencing this past week?

Question 5

Review G.P.'s history. What conditions may have contributed to the development of this dysrhythmia?

Anyone can help me with this one?

Question 6

Explain the primary complication that could occur if this heart rhythm were not treated.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 7

You review the use and storage of SL NTG with G.P. Which statement by G.P. indicates a need for further education? Explain your answer.

a. I will discard any open bottle of nitroglycerin after a year.
  b. I will not store other pills in the nitroglycerin bottle.
  c. I carry the tablets with me at all times.
  d. I will keep the pills in their original brown bottle.

Question 8

When you first admit G.P., you place him on telemetry and observe his cardiac rhythm.

Question 9

Although he has been taking sublingual nitroglycerin (SL NTG) for a long time, you want to be certain he is using it correctly. Which actions are correct when taking SL NTG for chest pain? (Select all that apply.)

a. Stop the activity and lie or sit down.
  b. Call 911 immediately.
  c. Call 911 if the pain is not relieved after taking one SL tablet.
  d. Call 911 if the pain is not relieved after taking three SL tablets, 5 minutes apart.
  e. Chew the tablet slowly then swallow.
  f. Place the NTG tablet under the tongue.
Read 50 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
Raudhatul i.Raudhatul i.
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 740 words.