t
i
r
r
jumer01 jumer01
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The patient with sleep apnea is fitted with a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) mask and asks the nurse how this device will help. How should the nurse respond?

a. The device delivers constant positive pressure to keep your airway open.
  b. The device will require you to be intu-bated to open your airway.
  c. The device delivers oxygen only when you are apneic.
  d. The device delivers negative pressure to stimulate your respirations.

Question 2

The nurse is educating a patient who requires daily postural drainage treatments. Which statement indicates that the patient understands when and why treatments will be scheduled?

a. I will have treatments first thing in the morning to get rid of fluids that have built up over night.
  b. I will have my treatments after an hour after breakfast to make sure that I am fully alert.
  c. I will have treatments after lunch to pre-vent an unsafe drop in my blood sugar.
  d. I will have treatments right before bed to ensure that I breathe more easily at night.

Question 3

The nursing team is prioritizing the problem statement/nursing diagnoses of an overweight hospital patient. Which problem statement/nursing diagnosis would be most important for this patient?

a. Risk for dehydration related to vomiting.
  b. Activity intolerance related to shortness of breath.
  c. Knowledge deficit related to weight re-duction diet.
  d. Altered self-image related to excessive weight.

Question 4

The nurse is teaching a 50-year-old male patient who is taking estrogens as treatment of prostate cancer. The nurse should educate the patient about which expected side effect?

a. Blurred vision
  b. Gynecomastia
  c. Enlarged gonads
  d. Acne

Question 5

The nurse is caring for a patient with cancer who is receiving vincristine. Which precaution is most important for the nurse to take?

a. Prevent the patient from getting chilled.
  b. Administer a stool softener as ordered.
  c. Offer the patient a soft toothbrush.
  d. Feed the patient a snack during the infusion.

Question 6

The nurse is caring for a patient with a goal/outcome statement of Patient will sleep for 5 hours uninterrupted each night. Which nursing intervention should the nurse include?

a. Medicate with sedative each night.
  b. Offer warm fluids frequently.
  c. Arrange for a large meal at supper.
  d. Discourage daytime napping.
Read 55 times
2 Replies