a
t
i
r
ineedananswertb ineedananswertb
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse is completing teaching to a patient with a new diagnosis of Bell palsy. What should be a priority focus of this teaching?

1. eye care
  2. promoting effective swallowing
  3. pain management
  4. improving muscle strength in the upper extremity

Question 2

The husband of a patient with Alzheimer disease (AD) asks the nurse to explain sundowning. How should the nurse respond to this question?

1. Your wife can become more agitated, disoriented to time, and wander during the afternoon or early evening.
  2. Your wife's eyes will appear more downcast and the lids will droop.
  3. Repetition of words or phrases occurs more frequently.
  4. The ability to perform simple tasks is lost.

Question 3

The nurse suspects that a patient has Parkinson disease. What did the nurse assess as early signs of this neurologic disease?

Select all that apply.
  1. fatigue
  2. cogwheel rigidity
  3. being frozen
  4. bilateral involvement
  5. a slight a rhythmic hand tremor
Read 25 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
The answer to question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Eye care should be addressed since manifestations of Bell palsy include paralysis of the upper eyelid with loss of the corneal reflex and increased tearing on the affected side. Chewing, not swallowing, may be difficult due to unilateral paralysis of facial muscles. Pain may precede the onset of facial paralysis but is not an issue during the course of the disease. Upper extremity muscles are not affected.

The answer to question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Sundowning can be decreased by providing quiet activities, such as listening to favorite music in the afternoon or early evening. Downcast eyes and drooping eyelids is not a description of sundowning. Echolalia is the term for frequent repetition of words or phrases. Loss of the ability to perform simple tasks is common to stage 2 of AD.

The answer to question 3

Correct Answer: 1, 5
Parkinson disease begins with subtle manifestations. Patients may complain of feeling tired and may move more slowly. Tremor at rest is usually the first manifestation experienced in PD. Cogwheel rigidity, being frozen, and bilateral involvement are later manifestations of PD.
wrote...
6 years ago
I know you spent a lot of time finding this because I swear it wasn't in my textbook
wrote...
6 years ago
You're partially right, it's found midway in the chapter, but not at all easy to find. Good luck with the rest
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  974 People Browsing
Related Images