e
s
s
e
blvan blvan
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
The patient has been diagnosed with substance dependence. The patient has been using Bennies for the last three years. Which patient statements should the nurse attribute to substance dependence?

Select all that apply.
  1. I am so tired and I feel so down about everything that is happening around me.
  2. I really tried to cut down my use, but I fail miserably every time.
  3. The only thing I care about right now is getting my fix.
  4. I have to use a lot more right now to get the same high as I did before.
  5. I have a great job where I work fulltime as a mechanical engineer, so that part of my life is very fulfilling.

Question 2

The nurse is preparing material for a staff development presentation on substance abuse. Which information should the nurse include that addresses the family history of substance abuse?

Select all that apply.
  1. There is a genetic link between having an alcoholic parent and developing problems related to substance use.
  2. These genetic issues are more often related to alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco use.
  3. One type of genetically related alcoholism is associated with an antisocial personality disorder, early use, and an inability to stop drinking.
  4. The patient has an increased likelihood of developing substance use problems when the mother of the patient is an alcoholic rather than the father.
  5. Some studies indicate that adolescents who are more genetically prone to develop alcoholism were less likely to have other types of substance use problems.

Question 3

The patient states she has been using an illegal drug for the last nine years. Based on the information included in the chart, which statement is most consistent with the type of illegal drug she has been abusing?

1. My husband and I smoke our fair share of herb.
  2. I should tell you tell that I drink quite a bit of hooch.
  3. I am probably addicted to Big D.
  4. I use the white stuff.

Question 4

The patient has consumed 660 milligrams of caffeine during the last eight hours. The patient states that he consumes this amount of caffeine on a regular basis. After reviewing the information included in the chart provided,

which patient statement is consistent with the information provided?

1. I don't know why but I just can't get to sleep.
  2. I always feel cold.
  3. I have been so constipated.
  4. I have no appetite.
Read 45 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
PerhapsPerhaps
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 440 words.