× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
sulee sulee
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient tells the nurse that he has noticed that one of his moles has started to burn and bleed. When assessing his skin, the nurse pays special attention to the danger signs for pigmented lesions and is concerned with which additional finding?

a. Color variation
  b. Border regularity
  c. Symmetry of lesions
  d. Diameter of less than 6 mm

Question 2

A patient comes to the clinic and tells the nurse that he has been confined to his recliner chair for approximately 3 days with his feet down and he asks the nurse to evaluate his feet. During the assessment, the nurse might expect to find:

a. Pallor
  b. Coolness
  c. Distended veins
  d. Prolonged capillary filling time

Question 3

A patient is especially worried about an area of skin on her feet that has turned white. The health care provider has told her that her condition is vitiligo. The nurse explains to her that vitiligo is:

a. Caused by an excess of melanin pigment
  b. Caused by an excess of apocrine glands in her feet
  c. Caused by the complete absence of melanin pigment
  d. Related to impetigo and can be treated with an ointment

Question 4

The nurse keeps in mind that a thorough skin assessment is extremely important because the skin holds information about a person's:

a. Support systems.
  b. Circulatory status.
  c. Socioeconomic status.
  d. Psychological wellness.
Read 26 times
3 Replies