H
a
c
k
kzabec kzabec
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
During reporting, the nurse hears that a patient is experiencing hallucinations. Which is an example of a hallucination?

a. Man believes that his dead wife is talking to him.
  b. Woman hears the doorbell ring and goes to answer it, but no one is there.
  c. Child sees a man standing in his closet. When the lights are turned on, it is only a dry cleaning bag.
  d. Man believes that the dog has curled up on the bed, but when he gets closer he sees that it is a blanket.

Question 2

A patient has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. During a recent interview, he shows the nurse a picture of a man holding a decapitated head. He describes this picture as horrifying but then laughs loudly at the content. This behavior is a display of:

a. Confusion
  b. Ambivalence
  c. Depersonalization
  d. Inappropriate affect

Question 3

During an examination, the nurse notes that a patient is exhibiting flight of ideas. Which statement by the patient is an example of flight of ideas?

a. My stomach hurts. Hurts, spurts, burts.
  b. Kiss, wood, reading, ducks, onto, maybe.
  c. Take this pill? The pill is red. I see red. Red velvet is soft, soft as a baby's bottom.
  d. I wash my hands, wash them, wash them. I usually go to the sink and wash my hands.

Question 4

A patient describes feeling an unreasonable, irrational fear of snakes. His fear is so persistent that he can no longer comfortably look at even pictures of snakes and has made an effort to identify all the places he might encounter a snake and avoids

them. The nurse recognizes that he:
  a.
  Has a snake phobia.
  b.
  Is a hypochondriac; snakes are usually harmless.
  c.
  Has an obsession with snakes.
  d.
  Has a delusion that snakes are harmful, which must stem from an early traumatic incident involving snakes.
Read 30 times
3 Replies