a
t
i
r
ljb99 ljb99
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
If the probability of committing a Type I error is set at 0.10, then the probability of committing a Type II error will be 0.90, since sum of probabilities must be 1.0.
  Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Q. 2

Which of the following statements is false regarding the sign test?
 a. It is the nonparametric alternative to the t-test used for one mean
  b. It is the nonparametric alternative to the z-test used for one proportion
  c. It is the nonparametric alternative to the t-test used for the difference between two dependent means.
  d. All of the above.

Q. 3

If the mean, median, and mode are all equal for a continuous random variable, then the random variable must be normally distributed.

Q. 4

If a hypothesis test leads to incorrectly accepting the null hypothesis, a Type I error has been committed.

Q. 5

Which of the following statements is false?
 a. In the sign test, reject the null hypothesis whenever the number of the less frequent sign is extremely small.
  b. If the number of the less frequent sign is less than or equal to the critical value k in the Critical Values of the Sign Test table available in your textbook, we will reject H0.
  c. If the observed value of the less frequent sign is larger than the critical value k in the Critical Values of the Sign Test table available in your textbook, we will fail to reject H0 .
  d. In the sign test, reject the null hypothesis whenever the number of the less frequent sign is extremely large.

Q. 6

One difference between a binomial random variable x and a standard normal random variable z is that with the binomial random variable we cannot determine P(x = a), while for the standard normal variable we can determine P(z = a).

Q. 7

If a hypothesis test leads to incorrectly rejecting the null hypothesis, a Type II error has been committed.
Read 29 times
2 Replies