a
t
i
r
patterke5 patterke5
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago

Using the following Minitab output, what are the null and alternative hypotheses and the conclusion that can be reached using ?

a.The hypotheses being tested are H0: and Ha: and it can be concluded that the mean outcome of the treatment is equal to 0.5.
  b.The hypotheses being tested are H0: and Ha: and it can be concluded that the mean outcome of the treatment is not equal to 0.5.
  c.The hypotheses being tested are H0: and Ha: and it can be concluded that the mean outcome of the treatment is equal to 0.5.

d.The hypotheses being tested are H0: and Ha: and it can be concluded that the mean outcome of the treatment is greater than 0.5.status: not answered ()

Q. 2

Consider the following approximate normal curve regions numbered below.

Which area represents the critical region for a one-sided (<) alternative hypothesis?

a.Regions I and III
  b.Region II
  c.Region III

d.Region I

Q. 3

Which of the following is not a property of a randomly selected sample of size 50 with a probability of success of 0.32?

a.The sampling distribution of has an approximately normal distribution.
  b.The probability of success tells us that for a sample of size 50 we could expect 0.32 successes.
  c.The standard error of the sampling distribution of will be 3.3.

d.The mean of the sampling distribution of will be 16.

Q. 4

Which of the following is a random variable whose value is calculated from the sample data and is used in making the decision to fail to reject Ho or reject Ho?

a.A confidence interval
  b.A test statistic
  c.A parameter

d.A hypothesis

Q. 5

What is the power of a statistical test?

a.The power is the probability of a correct decision when the null hypothesis is true, .
  b.The power is the probability that a research hypothesis will be supported given it is true, .
  c.The power is the probability of rejecting a null hypothesis that is true, .
  d.The power is the probability of failing to reject a null hypothesis that is false, .

Q. 6

Which of the following is not true for a null hypothesis?

a.The null hypothesis is the hypothesis being tested.
  b.The notation identifying a null hypothesis is Ha.
  c.The null hypothesis is usually a statement of no difference.
  d.The null hypothesis is a statement that a parameter has a specific value.

Q. 7

Which of the following represents a Type I error for the following null and alternative hypotheses? Ho: The average age of children in a sports camp is equal to 8. Ha: The average age of children in a sports camp is greater than 8.

a.A Type I error would occur if we fail to reject Ho and conclude that the average age of children in a sports camp is equal to 8 when in fact the average age is greater than 8.
  b.A Type I error would occur if we reject Ho and conclude that the average age of children in a sports camp is greater than 8 when in fact the average age is equal to 8.
  c.A Type I error would occur if we fail to reject Ho and conclude that the average age of children in a sports camp is equal to 8 when in fact the average age of children is equal to 8.

d.A Type I error would occur if we reject Ho and conclude that the average age of children is greater than 8 when in fact the average age of children in a sports camp is greater than 8.

Q. 8

A manufacturing company wants to determine if a new machine produces parts with fewer defects than the current machine. What are the null and alternative hypotheses?

a.Ho: There is no difference in the performance of the machines; Ha: The new machine produces parts with fewer defects than the old machine.
  b.Ho: There is no difference in the performance of the machines; Ha: The new machine produces parts with more defects than the old machine.
  c.Ho: The new machine produces parts with fewer defects than the old machine; Ha: There is no difference in the performance of the machines.

d.Ho: The new machine produces parts with fewer defects than the old machine; Ha: The new machine produces parts with more defects than the old machine.status: not answered ()

Q. 9

Which of the following is not a step in any hypothesis test?

a.Summarize the data into an appropriate test statistic.
  b.Determine the null and alternative hypotheses.
  c.Determine the rejection region or the p-value to make a conclusion.
  d.Assume the alternative hypothesis is true.
Read 38 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
lkjhg13579lkjhg13579
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free