× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
boeing boeing
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Are the advertisments somehow tailored to the user? I just happen to but a 2-terabyte external hard drive last night and today on the forum I am seeing ads for hard drives. It is like somehow i am being shown that ad because it has checked my shopping expereince , ie(websites visited or purchased from).
Is it just ironic or what?
Read 1038 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, bio_man
Hey Rit727,

It's likely that the information yesterday was cached unto your hard-drive, so that what you were searching for yesterday was displayed on this website. If you delete your browsing history, however, you would not have experienced. So is it coincidental - not really. Try another browser, i.e. Google Chrome. I have my cached setting turned off so that every new page, whether I browsed it 100 times loads from scratch. Technically the ads target what is written on the current page. So if we were discussing cars, there would be car ads, etc. I think the next posting level up does not display ads in-between posts.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1238 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?